Tuesday 1 March 2016

OUGD505 Licence to Print Money - Development, Type Design (Studio Brief One)

Originally, the type on my first design was simply Helvetica. I had planned to change this after getting feedback, however someone suggested that I should write out the type to be consistent with the illustration. I think this is a really good idea, so for this reason I am going to test this.

This is the first type I came up with. The main issue with this typeface was the different sized letterforms. For this, the kerning doesn't matter too much, as it is supposed to be quite loose and look handwritten, however the different sized letters don't really look great. For this reason, I am going to re-write them in a perfect line.


This is the rewritten type. I think it's a lot more successful as it looks neater, however still has the playful nature and appeals to children.



No comments:

Post a Comment