Monday 22 February 2016

OUGD503 Individual Practice, Brompton Bikes - Leeds (Studio Brief One)

Now I have created the bike, I am going to brainstorm and research into the landmarks of Leeds and also think about what makes Leeds a great city from my perspective. I found this list from Leeds-List, which was really helpful as it discusses all of Leeds' great buildings and attractions.

http://leeds-list.com/culture/30-must-see-landmarks-and-attractions-in-leeds/

I thought it would be useful to come up with my own perspective of what makes Leeds a very interesting city.

1. Parkinson Steps
2. Leeds Beckett building
3. O2 Academy
4. Leeds Town Hall
5. Millenium Square
6. Leeds Art Gallery
7. Leeds City Market
8. Corn Exchange
9. Duke Studios

These are a lot of places to consider, so I thought it would be easier to create paper cuts solely on interesting looking buildings, which definitely slimmed down my list to a more do-able size. Here is my newly refined list:

1. Parkinson Steps

2. Leeds Beckett

3. O2 Academy

4. Leeds City Market

5. The Corn Exchange

These attractions on my list are mainly places I like to go, but also interesting buildings that catch my eye, such as Parkinson Steps and Leeds Beckett. I have created this list in a specific way, in that from 1-5 all of these buildings are heading down hill, meaning I will be able to incorporate my concept of not having to pedal as much in Leeds. due to hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment