Sunday 31 January 2016

OUGD505 Licence to Print Money - Development, Rough Sketches (Studio Brief One)

Initially, I thought it would be a good idea to get some rough sketches of possible ideas down. Here are the rough sketches drawn for Save The Bees. I think the concept for these banknotes is actually quite strong, as ideally, the banknotes would be printed onto acetate, and the bee and leaf/honeycomb would be visible through both sides. This is a strong idea, however I think Saving the Bees is a concept that could definitely be developed a lot further, and is therefore something I am going to consider for Studio Brief Two instead.



I think drawing the migrant crisis is quite insensitive, so for this reason I haven't. However, these are some images of what is currently happening across Europe, and it's very shocking and worrying. This is the issue that I am going to take forward and develop, meaning within my own bank note I will have to be very careful not to be insensitive, however put across a clear message in favour of accepting immigrants into the UK.




No comments:

Post a Comment