Thursday 21 January 2016

OUGD503 Collaborative Practice, Desperados - My Tasks & Timeline Plan (Studio Brief Two)

So today I finally met up with my group, and I found out they had come up with a concept for the brief. I'm kind of disappointed that I wasn't involved in this decision making (although it couldn't be helped), however I really think the concept that they have come up with will be very successful and is an incredible idea.

The concept that they came up with is glow in the dark bottles. This is such a great idea, as I was thinking myself how we could incorporate a successful event into a bottle design, and I did mention the lighting plays a huge part.

They showed me their mind map from yesterday, which listed a number of ideas they had covered, such as drinking games with specific packaging, board games, and notches on the bottle (which I didn't quite understand).

Today we decided it would be a good idea to hand out roles in the group so that we could all get on individually with our own design.

Gavin - Animation
Dan - Bottle design & Packaging
Me - Website, Posters

I'm not a huge fan of creating websites, however as a group we felt that I should definitely do this task as I'm probably the person that knows the most about design for web. I also volunteered myself to design posters for the event, as I think I will be able to make the website and posters consistent.

I thought it would be useful to create a timeline of when I will have specific parts of the design finished by:

5th Feb - multiple web designs (without incorporated packaging)
29th Feb - poster designs (potentially with incorporated packaging - depending whether this is finished by that point).

No comments:

Post a Comment