Tuesday 24 November 2015

OUGD503 Individual Practice, Leeds Christmas Print Fair - Feedback (Studio Brief One)

I asked multiple people what their thoughts are on the designs to begin with. People said that they liked them because they are eye catching and bold, and they said they might work really well on bright coloured stock - something I myself was going to experiment with. They also said that they would work on their own in black and white, however I don't want to go down this route as I find these quite boring.

I then asked which were peoples favourites. Four people said the one below as it is the most simple and yet it's very pleasing to the eye, however they weren't sure how it would work using multiple colours.


Two people said that the below design was their favourite, as they thought it would work really successfully in colour as there is a lot of black space to work with. I agree with this comment, and this is one of my favourite designs.
One person said that this was their favourite design as it reminded them of the impossible triangle with a twist. 


And finally, one person said that this was their favourite. This group crit worked out really well, as I was able to get rid of one of the designs, which to be fair was quite similar to the above design.


My next step with the development of these prints will be physically printing them in screen printing. I have 10 days to the deadline, which is perfect as it gives me a lot of time to screen print the designs, and to also create some business cards to go along with the prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment