You will design and produce 3 poster designs that express yourself as a designer to a mixture of possible customers/clients. These poster designs should use skills learnt from the course and be targeted at a wide range of people, as the Christmas fair isn't just art-based. This assignment will allow you to explore your own design style and be experimental. One of the main aims of this task is to have fun!
The deadline for this brief is the 4th December 2015 at 3.30pm. For this reason, you will have to have all deliverables completed and printed by the 3rd. Through-out this task, you should ask multiple people their opinions on your designs (self-lead critiques). You should experiment with different stock and colours that could interest different audiences. Your progress, developments and creative decisions should be documented on your studio blog.
Background / Considerations.
- You are a graphic designer. Everything you produce should be considered.
- The prints should apply to a wide clientele range.
- You should consider things that may help you get your name out into the world (business cards).
- Make sure you leave a lot of time for printing (possibly analogue?).
- Consider what else you will need, for example price tags, petty cash for change etc.
- All research, development and decision making should be documented on your studio practice blog.
- You must demonstrate that you have explored and considered a range of material.
- Your prints should be neatly presented and reflect you as a designer.
- Your work must be accompanied by an evaluation of at least 500 words.
- A range of completed prints.
- Design blog.
- Experiments with stock.
- Design Boards.