Produce a set of 10 double page layouts that explore the form, function and construction of a book based on the website 'The Daily Street'. The content of my book will be streetwear that was successful in 2014. These blogposts will be my body copy text that I will typeset and edit.
Background and Considerations:
The purpose of this brief is to show an understanding of the following, which should also be blogged about.
- Rules & Boxes
- Drop Caps
- Folio Numbers
I am planning on creating my book with an open bind stitch as it opens out flat and all the lines stay in order and not wavey. It will also make my use of grids a lot more obvious which I want.
I am going to create my book in digital print because I'm using photography so therefore screenprinting wont be as appropriate. I would like to use a matte stock as it will make my images stand out and I feel like it will look slick.
Here is my plan for time management:
- Week 1: Create a detailed plan of each movie and each page.
- Week 2: Research into books.
- Week 3: Design book on InDesign.
- Week 4: Design book on InDesign.
- Week 5: Feedback of what is working and what isn't - make corrections.
- Week 6: Design book on InDesign.
- Week 7: Design book on InDesign.
- Week 8: Create final copy + hand in.