Saturday 17 January 2015

OUGD405 Idea Generation (Studio Brief Four)

To begin with, I had to try to decide on an idea for what I could create for my project. My original idea was to brand a company that sells hangover pills. There is a company that already exists called Blowfish that sells hangover pills, but the branding is quite formal and I think if anyone was going to take hangover pills it would be students, as older generations don't tend to drink to get drunk, they drink because it's relaxing and they like the taste. The company's website can be found HERE. However, in my group critique on Monday, people said that they wouldn't take alcohol pills because they wouldn't want more chemicals in their system - I disagree personally, if it got rid of a hangover i'd take anything, but I guess that just means that they are aimed at a very specific audience.

My group then gave me quite a couple of suggestions and other routes to take my project down. These are listen below.


  • A stressball for when people get the alcohol shakes.
  • An app that wakes you up in the morning and tells you to drink a glass of water.
  • An app that tells you things that can get rid of a hangover, for example going for a run, eating a banana etc.
  • A hangover cure kit - this could involve a bottle of water, paracetamol, facewipes etc.
  • An app that you tell when you're drinking and it will stop you from drunk texting people.
All of these ideas were good, but I feel like they're not going to work successfully to cure the problem of hangovers.

I was speaking to my friends after a night out and we were all trying to piece the night together, as we had all suffered from amnesia. This gave me an idea - to create an app that takes a photo every other minute that will help you piece together your night.

No comments:

Post a Comment