Saturday 31 January 2015

OUGD404 Hot Dog Fold, Study Task Two (Studio Brief Two)

For this task, we have been asked to go home and create an instruction book to creating a specific book, however create the actual book using the instructions. I decided as I am new to this I will create a hotdog booklet. I started my creation process by creating one by hand so that I knew how to lay out all of my context. It ended up looking like this.



I then started creating it using Photoshop. I came up with a simple grid so that the bleed of my type wouldn't run over.


I then added my type onto it. I kept within the grid so that when I print it it will all fit together really well. 


I then added illustrations to it to make it a little more interesting, but also a lot easier to follow. I created these illustrations using Adobe Illustrator.

I then printed it and followed the instructions to create it! This is the final product. I think it's really successful and really useful, so for this reason I am going to keep it. I don't think this would be a very useful idea for my final book design for this project as it isn't bound and I would be very limited to how many pages I could use.




No comments:

Post a Comment