Tuesday 14 October 2014

OUGD403 Research, The Grand Budapest Hotel (Studio Brief One)



The Grand Budapest Hotel is a film created by Wes Anderson. Not only is it beautifully filmed, but there is also great design within the film. All of the graphic design in the film was designed by Annie Atkins, a designer that had created a blog, and was told by her boss she should go down a path with more 'emotion', so she went to study at film school in Dublin. She designed multiple different aspects for the film, such as the bloodstained telegram from Serge the butler (see above), to the Police report on the mysterious death of the lawyer Deputy Kovacs (see below). I think the style of design is really slick and interesting and the typography used, especially on the police report, is incredibly successful. For example, I really enjoy the use of the type for the "left hand" and "right hand" titles, it looks very similar to Futura.

I have never actually seen this film, however I think it'd be beneficial for me to watch it, so I think I am going to do that either this weekend or next weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment