Sunday 26 October 2014

OUGD403 Message and Delivery (Studio Brief Three)

For this task, we have to research a story in a newspaper in great detail, and also take into account the layout and audience of that said newspaper. I went to the shop and bought The Independent, Daily Express and The I. I didn't plan on buying both The I and The Independent, however there wasn't a lot of choice there, so I thought i may as well buy it to see if it is any different from The Independent, as it is an overview of what has happened through-out the week.


I have scanned over each newspaper and I am quite stuck whether to gather research about a headline called "Doctors transplant first 'dead heart'" or to research into a headline called "I'm 'open-minded' about 9/11 attacks, says Russell Brand". As the story about Russell Brand was featured in all three newspapers, I decided I would watch the video of his interview on newsnight, which is what the headline is based upon. The video can be seen HERE. After watching the interview, I have decided I will definitely consider this article for my research as there are quite a lot of articles on the topic about his interview, and I think it would also be interesting to talk about how the media blows everything out of proportion. I think the story about the dead heart transplant would also be interesting to look at, however I think personally I am more interested in the interview with Russell Brand, and I think there's quite a lot to say about it.

In the group crit, the people I was with agreed that I should look into the Russell Brand story more and see what I can find out about the conspiracy theory and facts about 9/11. I think I will also look into how the media is quite corrupt, which ironically is what Russell Brand said in the article!



No comments:

Post a Comment